This 1-day course provides individuals with the knowledge and understanding of the manual handling risk assessment process and the skills required to undertake a suitable and sufficient manual handling risk assessment.
Who Should Attend?
The Manual Handling Operations Regulations require employers to assess any hazardous manual handling tasks that cannot be avoided and reduce the risk of injury, as far as practically possible.
This 1-day course provides individuals with the knowledge and understanding of the manual handling risk assessment process and the skills required to undertake suitable and sufficient manual handling risk assessments.
Through practical knowledge and skills, individuals will:
- Understand the importance of Manual Handling Risk Assessments
- Outline the reasons for conducting Manual Handling Risk Assessments
- Outline the main legislation relating to Manual Handling Risk Assessments
- Understand the principles of controlling the risks from Manual Handling
- Outline the basic principles of anatomy and physiology as they relate to Manual Handling operations
- Identify common injuries caused by Manual Handling operations
- Identify methods for controlling the risk from Manual Handling
- Understand how a Manual Handling Risk Assessment is undertaken
- Describe the stages involved in a Manual Handling Risk Assessment
- Outline the circumstances in which a Manual Handling Risk Assessment should be reviewed.
Individuals are then registered for a workplace assessment in relation to Manual Handling Risk Assessment which, upon completion, is submitted online. Completed assessments are marked by independent examiners; results are issued within 20 working days.
- The course content is based on the Health and Safety Executive’s guidance to the Regulations and has been accredited by the Qualifications Regulators at Level 2 in the Qualifications and Credit Framework.
- The assessment completed following the training relates directly to the individual’s workplace and tests the application of learning in a practical context – allowing an organisation to utilise this qualification as a demonstration of competence in relation to Manual Handling Risk Assessment.
Upon successful completion, a Level 2 Manual Handling Risk Assessment certificate will be issued. All training materials associated with this course have been provided by the British Safety Council; Quensh are a Registered Course Provider for the British Safety Council.