This ½ day awareness course reflects the principles set out by the Health and Safety Executive Guidance INDG 136 “Working with Substances Hazardous to Health”.
Most businesses use substances, or products that are mixtures of substances. Some processes create substances. These could cause harm to employees, contractors and other people.
The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations is the legislation that requires employers to control substances that are hazardous to health as well as preventing or reducing workers' exposure to hazardous substances.
This ½ day awareness course reflects the principles set out by the Health and Safety Executive Guidance INDG 136 “Working with Substances Hazardous to Health”
Who Should Attend?
This course is aimed at:
- Anyone who may be working with potentially hazardous substances
- Anyone who could be exposed to hazardous substances
- Those who may have responsibility for those working with potentially hazardous substances and who need an understanding of the hazards their personnel face
This awareness course assists in:
- Employers demonstrating they have met their legal obligation to ensure those working with hazardous substances are adequately informed and trained on the hazards they are being exposed to and the measures in place to adequately control the exposure
- Raising awareness of COSHH throughout the workforce through the inclusion of practical examples of Safety Data Sheets and COSHH Assessments
- Client specific requirements/COSHH Management Systems can be incorporated into the course
Through attending this course, individuals will gain a basic understanding of:
- The legislation associated with hazardous substances
- What is classed as a hazardous/harmful substance
- Identifying hazardous substances
- Safety Data Sheets
- Potential health effects
- Preventing and adequately controlling exposure
- Principles of good practice with respect to COSHH Risk Assessment