This 3/4 - day course is aimed specifically at Supervisors and Line Management operating in any department of an organisation.
It is designed to provide Managers with the knowledge and tools to tackle the Health and Safety issues they are responsible for within their departments and teams, with the potential to improve the productivity of the workforce; improve the quality of the output and reduce costs.
Through attending this course, individuals will have an understanding of their responsibilities by covering the following modules of the course:
• Assessing Risks
• Controlling Risks
• Understanding Responsibilities
• Understanding Hazards
• Investigating Incidents
• Measuring Performance
• Understand the consequences of failing to manage Health and Safety effectively.
• Recognise the importance of integrating Health and Safety with other business requirements to minimise the overall risk.
• Be able to take into account Health and Safety aspects during planning, decision making and managing work activities.
• Giving individuals the Health and Safety tools and knowledge they need to comply with their legal responsibilities
• Nationally recognised, certificated training, which is flexible in delivery, and can be built around organisations' requirements and timeframes.
At the end of the training, individuals will complete a multiple choice/short question exam and are then required, within 2 weeks of finishing the course, to complete a work-based risk assessment project.
Individuals must complete both within the timescale and achieved at least 50% in both parts to gain certification. Upon successful completion, an IOSH Managing Safely certificate will be issued.
All training materials associated with this course have been externally approved and accredited by the Institution of Occupational Safety Health (IOSH) – the world’s largest health and safety professional membership organisation.